Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Pump Up Technology in the Classroom

Charonda O’Bryant-Hopkins
Computer Applications/EL5541
Principal’s Blog
Prof. J. Lerman
February 18, 2009


Pump Up Technology in the Classroom

I found the blog “From the principal’s desk” by Jeanette Johnson to be very enriching and informative. I especially enjoyed reading this blog, because it was educational and it came from an administrator’s point of view. It was refreshing to see the goals of a school being discussed on this blog. As an administrator, I think this would be a valuable tool for me to use in the near future. I enjoyed the principal discussing various forms of technology effectively, but yet safely. She stressed the importance of how blogging can be used positively and the downsize of using it negatively. You could see how blogging could get things blown out of context, especially if someone took something “private” and made it too “public”.

This blog was interesting because the author was trying to address parents, teachers, students and administrators about the proper use of technology. She warned adults to monitor students’ actions on the computer. After reading her blog, I learned that some things that are meant for “private” could turn too “public”, if a person is not careful what he or she writes in a blog.

I totally agree with her when she stated,” the guidance of wise adults help individuals navigate their way through the world.” As an administrator, I would like to see my students using technology creatively. I want to learn as much about blogging and other technological tools, which will enable me to better prepare my students for the new century. More importantly, I want to be instrumental in assuring that students are safe and cautious when using the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment